Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. If you’re struggling with your digestion, you’re in the right place. I’m an experienced naturopathic doctor and I love helping people with IBS, IBD and other digestive woes. If you also deal with anxiety and depression, mood or sleep issues, I see you. Just like stress affects digestion and sleep, your gut health affects your mood and mental health, too.
Consider me the integrative medicine ally for your gut, your brain, and all the weird and wonderful ways in which they are connected and currently cramping your style. I’m here to help you sort these things out and get back to living your best life. Less diarrhea. More dancing. You get the picture 😉
I advocate for an integrative approach to treatment that is safe, sensible and science-based. I assist my patients in navigating their healthcare so they understand all of their options, both medical and natural or “alternative”. We continue the important conversations beyond the seven minutes you get to spend with your family doctor, gastroenterologist or specialist. I have the luxury of time to assist you in gaining a deeper understanding of your diagnosis. It may be complex but it’s not complicated. Together we create a treatment strategy with your goals and values in mind.
I help people with:
- Flatulence or excessive gas
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- H. pylori infections and peptic ulcer disease
- Gluten sensitivity/non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Celiac disease screening and treatment
- Food sensitivities and intolerances
My approach includes:
- Comprehensive lab testing related to digestive health and whole body wellness such as blood tests for inflammatory and autoimmune markers, celiac disease screening, nutrient testing, hematology, metabolic testing, stool testing and breath testing when indicated;
- Nutritional counselling and diet therapy to help you intelligently use food as medicine specific to your condition, without wacky diets and unnecessary restriction;
- Lifestyle medicine addressing mental health, mindset, resilience, stress, sleep, etc. to create a foundation for healing;
- Botanical medicine and nutraceuticals like vitamin and mineral supplements and probiotics, without excessive prescribing or unrealistic regimens;
- Helping you understand the prescription drugs you are taking, when and why they are necessary, how to manage side effects and nutrient depletions in order to optimize your care.
How I’m different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science. Not all naturopathic treatments are evidence based but I strive to practice in a manner that is as evidence based as possible. There are certain tests I will not perform and certain treatments I will not recommend because they are not supported by science.
- I’m integrative. I embrace conventional medicine. I’m not anti-Pharma. I work alongside your medical doctor, nurse practitioner and specialist as an ally. I advocate for you to receive treatment outside my scope whenever it is necessary.
- I’m thorough. I give you access to comprehensive lab testing in a timely manner and explain your results in detail so you understand what it all means.
- I’m holistic. I treat the whole person, not just your symptoms, diagnosis or lab markers. We have good conversations that help you nurture all aspects of your health.
- I’m a geek. But, like.. in a cool way. I live to learn and love to teach. There is a whiteboard in my office. Sometimes I wear an anatomy apron. I love working with people who want to learn about their health, understand their diagnosis and play an active role in their healthcare experience.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying causes of disease and help you connect the dots and take action. I’m a strategist that helps you troubleshoot challenges big and small.
- My visits are longer. I have the luxury of time to make space for you and your story. I allocate more time to your visits in order to be as thorough as possible and avoid rushing you through the important work of learning, analyzing, connecting, restoring and achieving your goals.
- I love what I do. Even talking about poo.
Located in Collingwood, Ontario, just north of Toronto, I have been practicing naturopathic medicine since 2009 and serve people in The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore. In addition to seeing patients at my Collingwood office I offer virtual care to people anywhere in Ontario.
-Dr Aranka Jones ND