Welcome to my naturopathic medicine practice where I focus on gut health. I help people with digestive disease achieve gastrointestinal wellness using integrative and functional medicine. I’m located in Collingwood, Ontario, just north of Toronto where I serve the surrounding communities of The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore. In addition to seeing patients in my Collingwood office I offer virtual care to people anywhere in Ontario.
My special interest in gastroenterology evolved organically over more than a decade in practice. I am fascinated by the complex, critical relationship between the gut and whole body wellness, particularly its role in autoimmune disease and mental health. I have come to appreciate the strengths and limitations of both conventional and alternative medicine in the treatment of digestive health problems like irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease. With rapidly expanding research on the role of diet and nutrition, microbiome, herbal medicine, nutraceuticals, probiotics, lifestyle, stress and sleep in digestive illness, I recognized an urgent need to bridge the gap and advocate for a science-based, integrative approach.
What I treat:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Post-infectious IBS
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gluten sensitivity, non-celiac gluten sensitivity and celiac disease
- Food sensitivities, intolerances and leaky gut
- Autoimmune disease
- Restless legs syndrome
- Comprehensive lab testing to establish targets for treatment, which may include stool tests to assess gut microbiome, dysbiosis, infections, intestinal health, inflammation and digestive function; lactulose breath testing for SIBO; blood tests for inflammatory and autoimmune markers, celiac disease, nutrient deficiencies, hormones and metabolic health
- Clinical nutrition and diet therapy helping you intelligently use food as medicine specific to your condition and stage of healing, including Low FODMAP Diet, Anti-inflammatory Diet for IBD (IBD-AID) Mediterranean Diet, Ancestral Diet, Autoimmune Paleo Diet (AIP) Specific Carbohydrate Diet, GAPS Diet, Gluten-free etc.
- Lifestyle medicine addressing sleep, stress, self care and exercise to create a healthy foundation for healing
- Mind-body medicine optimizing mental and emotional health, mindset, resilience and adaptation to stress
- Evidence based botanical/herbal medicines, nutraceuticals, vitamin and mineral supplements and strain specific probiotics and prebiotics
How I’m different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science.
- I’m integrative. I don’t ignore or reject conventional medicine. I work alongside your medical doctor and specialist as an ally and encourage you to pursue treatments outside my scope.
- I’m thorough. I help you access comprehensive lab testing to identify new targets for treatment.
- I’m holistic. I treat the whole person as well as their symptoms.
- I’m a geek. I live to learn and love to teach. There is a whiteboard in my office. Sometimes I wear an anatomy apron.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying cause(s) of disease and help you connect the dots.
- My visits are longer. I have the luxury of time to make space for your story and support your healing in a holistic way.
- I (really) love what I do. Helping people heal is my happy place.
I accept a limited number of new patients per month in order to maintain a high level of care. If you would like to work with me please call my office at 705-446-2200, email firstname.lastname@example.org or view my availability and book online.
I look forward to working with you and your gut!
-Dr Aranka Jones ND