Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. If you’re struggling with your digestion, you’re in the right place. I’m an experienced naturopathic doctor and I love helping people with IBS, IBD, GERD and other digestive woes. If you also deal with anxiety and depression, mood or sleep issues, I see you. Just like stress affects digestion and sleep, your gut health affects your mood and mental health, too.
I’m an integrative medicine ally for your gut, your brain, and all the weird and wonderful ways in which they are connected and currently cramping your style. I assist you in gaining relief from the symptoms impacting your quality of life so you can get back to living it! Less diarrhea, more dancing. Less anxiety, more adventures. You get the picture 🙂
I have the luxury of time to have important conversations that don’t fit into typical visits with your family doctor, gastroenterologist or gut specialist. My job is to assist you in gaining a deeper understanding of your diagnosis and whole body health. I advocate for an integrative and collaborative approach to treatment that is safe, sensible and science-based. Together we create a treatment strategy with your goals and values in mind.
Digestive conditions treated:
- Flatulence or excessive gas
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn and acid reflux
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Functional dyspepsia and indigestion
- H. pylori infections and peptic ulcer disease
- Celiac disease and gluten sensitivity
- Food intolerances
Mood and Mental health conditions treated:
- Chronic stress
- PMS and PMDD
My approach includes:
- Comprehensive lab testing related to digestive health and whole body wellness such as blood tests for inflammatory and autoimmune markers, celiac disease screening, nutrient testing, hematology, metabolic testing, stool testing and breath testing when indicated;
- Nutritional counselling to help you intelligently use food as medicine without wacky diets or unnecessary restrictive eating;
- Lifestyle medicine addressing sleep, movement and your environment to create a foundation for healing;
- Mind-body medicine with special attention to mental and emotional stress, mindset and building resilience;
- Evidence based use of botanical medicine, nutraceuticals, vitamins, minerals and probiotics, without excessive prescribing or unrealistic regimens;
- Helping you understand the prescription drugs you are taking, how to manage side effects and nutrient depletions in order to optimize your care.
How I’m different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science. Not all naturopathic treatments are evidence based but I strive to practice in a manner that is as evidence based as possible. There are certain tests I will not perform and certain treatments I will not recommend because they are not supported by science.
- I’m integrative. I embrace conventional medicine. I’m not anti-Pharma. I work alongside your medical doctor, nurse practitioner and specialist as an ally. I advocate for you to receive treatment outside my scope whenever it is necessary.
- I’m thorough. I give you access to comprehensive lab testing in a timely manner and explain your results in detail so you understand what it all means.
- I’m holistic. I treat the whole person, not just your symptoms, diagnosis or lab markers. We have good conversations that help you nurture all aspects of your health.
- I’m a geek. But, like.. in a cool way. I live to learn and love to teach. There is a whiteboard in my office. Sometimes I wear an anatomy apron. I love working with people who want to learn about their health, understand their diagnosis and play an active role in their healthcare experience.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying causes of disease and help you connect the dots and take action. I’m a strategist that helps you troubleshoot challenges big and small.
- My visits are longer. I have the luxury of time to make space for you and your story. I allocate more time to your visits in order to be as thorough as possible and avoid rushing you through the important work of learning, analyzing, connecting, restoring and achieving your goals.
- I love what I do. Even talking about poo.
Located in Collingwood, Ontario, just north of Toronto, I have been practicing naturopathic medicine since 2009 and serve people in The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore. I offer virtual care to people anywhere in Ontario.
-Dr. Aranka Jones ND