Welcome to my gut and immune health focused naturopathic medicine practice located in Collingwood, Ontario, serving Blue Mountain, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore.
I’m a naturopathic doctor with 11 years experience treating people with IBS, SIBO, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and other gastrointestinal and autoimmune diseases. The complex nature of these conditions make them difficult to manage even by a skilled family doctor, gastroenterologist or rheumatologist. Research has found that people with digestive health problems, autoimmune disease and inflammation may benefit from integrative care including:
- Clinical nutrition and diet therapy
- Lifestyle medicine addressing sleep, stress and exercise
- Optimizing mental health, mindset and resilience
- Botanical and herbal medicine
- Nutraceuticals and supplements
- Probiotics and prebiotics
I help people safely and appropriately access a growing toolkit of adjunctive and alternative treatments and the exciting world of functional and naturopathic medicine while helping them understand and advocate for their best conventional treatment options.
Why my approach is different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science, not woo. Nothing against the folks who embrace woo but that’s not who I am as a practitioner.
- I’m practical. I help people with complex, chronic health problems but I keep treatment as simple and streamlined as possible. Because you have a busy life and your treatment has to make sense for you.
- I’m integrative. I don’t ignore or reject conventional medicine; I work alongside your medical doctor and specialist as an ally and resource. If a pharmaceutical or invasive procedure is your best option I will help you understand that. I’ll also help you understand legitimate alternatives and adjunctive treatment options.
- I’m thorough. I treat the whole person. I don’t treat a diagnosis or a symptom in isolation. This is particularly important in digestive disease and autoimmune disease as science is uncovering the intricate connections between the gut, immune system, brain, and even our hormones.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying cause of disease by understanding the connectedness of complex biological systems. Translation: I help you “connect the dots” and have “Aha” moments so we can fix things.
- I’m a geek. I regularly upgrade my knowledge out of due diligence because medicine is constantly evolving – but also because I can’t get enough. I live to learn.
- My visits are longer. I take the time to hear your story, explain what your lab results mean, help you understand your options and troubleshoot when you encounter challenges and setbacks.
- I love what I do. Empowering you to take action and change the trajectory of your health and disease is a privilege I find meaningful and rewarding.
- I’m compassionate. I really care about the people I help!
What do I treat?
- Chronic abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gluten sensitivity, non-celiac gluten sensitivity and celiac disease
- Food sensitivities, intolerances and leaky gut
- Autoimmune disease
- Restless legs syndrome
I practice at Be Well Collingwood, a naturopathic clinic located at 65 Fourth Street East, Collingwood. If you’d like to learn more about how I can help please schedule a complimentary Discovery Visit which allows us to become acquainted and decide if I’m the right naturopathic doctor for your unique situation.
You can learn more and book online here or call my office at 705-446-2200 to speak with a friendly human who would be happy to assist you.
Prior to your first appointment please complete my electronic new patient questionnaire. You will receive instructions for this by email after you book an appointment. Please also review my 2020 Fee Schedule & Policies.
I look forward to working with you!
-Dr Aranka Jones ND