Welcome to my naturopathic medicine practice where I help people with digestive problems. I focus on gut health and gastrointestinal wellness with an approach rooted in integrative and functional medicine. Located in Collingwood, Ontario, just north of Toronto, I have been practicing naturopathic medicine since 2009 and serve The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore. In addition to seeing patients from my Collingwood office I offer virtual care to people anywhere in Ontario.
My special interest in integrative gastroenterology is the result of over a decade of experience helping people with digestive problems navigate the strengths and limitations of conventional medicine. I am endlessly inspired by the rapidly expanding research on the role of diet and nutrition, the microbiome, herbal medicine, nutraceuticals, probiotics, lifestyle, mind-body medicine, stress and sleep in conditions like SIBO, IBS, GERD, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. I am fascinated by the important role that gut health plays in autoimmune disease and mental health conditions.
We are probably a good fit if you are dealing with any of the following concerns:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Post-infectious IBS
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Functional dyspepsia
- Gluten sensitivity
- Non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Celiac disease unresponsive to a gluten free diet
- Food sensitivities and intolerances
- Leaky gut
- Autoimmune disease
- Restless legs syndrome
- Unexplained fatigue
My approach includes:
- Comprehensive lab testing to establish targets for treatment. This may include stool tests to assess the gut microbiome, intestinal dysbiosis and infections, intestinal health, inflammation and digestive function; lactulose breath testing for those with suspected small intestinal bacterial overgrowth; blood tests for inflammatory and autoimmune markers, celiac disease, nutrient deficiencies, thyroid function and metabolic health;
- Nutrition counselling and diet therapy to help people intelligently use food as medicine specific to their condition and stage of healing, drawing from research and experience with the Low FODMAP Diet, Anti-inflammatory Diet, Mediterranean Diet, Autoimmune Paleo Diet, Specific Carbohydrate Diet and Gluten-free diet;
- Lifestyle medicine addressing sleep, stress, self care and exercise to create a foundation for healing;
- Mind-body medicine optimizing mental and emotional health, mindset, resilience and adaptation to stress;
- Evidence-based botanical/herbal medicines, nutraceuticals, vitamin and mineral supplements, probiotics and strain specific probiotics.
I’m different because:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science.
- I’m integrative. I embrace conventional medicine. I work alongside your medical doctor and gastroenterologist/specialist as an ally and encourage you to pursue treatments outside my scope as necessary.
- I’m thorough. I help you access comprehensive, functional lab testing to identify new targets for treatment that are not explored by conventional care.
- I’m holistic. I treat the whole person, not just your symptoms, diagnosis or lab markers.
- I’m a geek. I live to learn and love to teach. There is a whiteboard in my office. Sometimes I wear an anatomy apron. If you want to learn, ask questions and have a conversation to better understand your health, you’ve come to the right place.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying causes of disease and help you connect the dots and take action.
- My visits are longer. I have the luxury of time to make space for your story and support your healing in a holistic way. I allocate more time to visits in order to be as thorough as possible.
- I love what I do. And when people feel well they make the world a better place 🙂
Due to high volume my practice is currently full. Secure a spot on my waiting list so that we prioritize you as soon as my schedule allows.
-Dr Aranka Jones ND