Welcome to my gut health focused naturopathic medicine practice located in Collingwood, Ontario, just minutes from Blue Mountain, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore.
I’m a naturopathic doctor providing treatment for IBS, SIBO, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. The complex nature of chronic digestive disease makes it difficult to manage even for a skilled family doctor or gastroenterologist. But research and clinical experience has found that people with gut problems benefit from integrative and functional medicine that includes clinical nutrition and specific dietary changes, lifestyle medicine addressing sleep, stress, exercise and mental health, and alternative or adjunctive natural treatments including botanical/herbal medicine, nutraceuticals/supplements and probiotics. This is where I come into the picture.
Why my approach is different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science.
- I’m practical. I help people with complex, chronic gut problems but I keep treatment as simple and streamlined as possible.
- I’m integrative. I don’t ignore or reject conventional medicine; I work alongside it as an ally to your family doctor and specialist/gastroenterologist.
- I’m thorough. I focus on gut health and digestive disease but I treat the whole person, not just a patient with a particular symptom in isolation.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying cause of disease so there is opportunity to heal and less need to mask symptoms with drugs.
- I’m a geek. I live to learn. I regularly upgrade my knowledge and gut health expertise because medicine is constantly evolving.
- My visits are longer (and I hate to rush). I take the time to hear your story, order the right lab testing, explain things, and really understand what is driving dysfunction so that I can advocate for the best possible treatment.
- I love what I do. I help people understand what is going on with their gut health – and whole body health – so they feel empowered to take meaningful action and change their trajectory.
- I’m compassionate. I really care about the people I help!
I help people with these digestive health problems:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux & gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gluten sensitivity/non-celiac gluten sensitivity/celiac disease
- Food sensitivities/intolerances/leaky gut
I help people with the following conditions which can be related to underlying gut health problems:
- Autoimmune disease
- Restless legs syndrome
I practice at Be Well Collingwood, a naturopathic clinic located at 65 Fourth Street East, Collingwood. If you’d like to learn more about how I can help you please schedule a complimentary Discovery Visit which allows us to become acquainted and decide if I’m the right naturopathic doctor for your unique situation.
You can learn more and book online here or call my office at 705-446-2200 to speak with a friendly human who would be happy to assist you.
Prior to your first appointment please download and complete the appropriate new patient form and bring it with you. If you don’t have easy access to a printer please arrive 15 minutes early to complete this form in our waiting room before your visit begins. Alternatively you can complete my electronic form; you will receive instructions for this in the email that confirms your appointment booking.
Adult New Patient Form (16+)
Child New Patient Form (0-15)
I look forward to working with you!
-Dr Aranka Jones ND