Welcome to my naturopathic medicine practice where I help people with gut health and digestive disease using integrative and functional medicine. I’m located in Collingwood, Ontario and serve the surrounding communities of The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore. In addition to seeing patients in my Collingwood office I also offer virtual care to people anywhere in Ontario.
My special clinical focus on gastrointestinal conditions evolved from my fascination with the interconnectedness between gut health and whole body wellness. It also emerged out of necessity and demand given the limitations of conventional care and pharmaceuticals in the treatment of complex, chronic health problems. The profound ways in which gut health affects the whole body – from triggering autoimmune disease, impacting mental health, and driving nutritional deficiencies and hormonal imbalances – need to be part of the conversations you have about your health and healing.
I help people safely and appropriately access complementary and alternative treatment while helping them understand and advocate for their best conventional treatment options. Your healthcare should be a conversation in which you are an active and empowered participant making informed decisions every step of the way.
What I treat:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Post-infectious IBS
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gluten sensitivity, non-celiac gluten sensitivity and celiac disease
- Food sensitivities, intolerances and leaky gut
- Autoimmune disease
- Restless legs syndrome
- Comprehensive lab testing to establish targets for treatment, which may include stool tests to assess gut microbiome, dysbiosis, infections, intestinal health, inflammation and digestive function; lactulose breath testing for SIBO; blood tests for inflammatory and autoimmune markers, celiac disease, nutrient deficiencies, hormones and metabolic health
- Clinical nutrition and diet therapy helping you intelligently use food as medicine specific to your condition and stage of healing, including Low FODMAP Diet, Anti-inflammatory Diet for IBD (IBD-AID) Mediterranean Diet, Ancestral Diet, Autoimmune Paleo Diet (AIP) Specific Carbohydrate Diet, GAPS Diet, Gluten-free etc.
- Lifestyle medicine addressing sleep, stress, self care and exercise to create a healthy foundation for healing
- Mind-body medicine optimizing mental and emotional health, mindset, resilience and adaptation to stress
- Evidence based botanical/herbal medicines, nutraceuticals, vitamin and mineral supplements and strain specific probiotics and prebiotics
How I’m different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science.
- I’m integrative. I don’t ignore or reject conventional medicine; I work alongside your medical doctor and specialist as an ally.
- I’m thorough. I treat the whole person, not an isolated diagnosis, label or symptom.
- I’m a geek. I live to learn and love to teach. There is a whiteboard in my office.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying cause of disease by understanding the connectedness of complex systems.
- My visits are longer. I have the luxury of time to make space for your story and support your healing in a holistic way.
- I (really) love what I do. Helping and healing is my happy place. It’s right up there with going to the beach and doesn’t require sunscreen.
If you would like to work with me or would like more information, please call my office at 705-446-2200, email email@example.com or book online.
I look forward to working with you!
-Dr Aranka Jones ND