Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. If you’re struggling with your digestion, you’re in the right place. I’m an experienced naturopathic doctor and I love helping people with IBS. If you also deal with anxiety and depression, know you’re not alone; just like stress affects digestion, the state of your gut health affects mood and mental health, too. I get it and I’m here to help.
I advocate for an integrative approach to treatment that is safe and science-based. I assist my patients in navigating their healthcare so they understand all of their options, both medical and natural or “alternative”. Consider me your integrative medicine ally. We continue the important conversation beyond the seven minutes you got to spend with your family doctor, gastroenterologist or specialist. I have the luxury of time to assist you in gaining a deeper understanding of your diagnosis. Together we create a treatment strategy with your goals in mind.
I help people with:
- Flatulence or excessive gas
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Heartburn, acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- H. pylori infections and peptic ulcer disease
- Gluten sensitivity/non-celiac gluten sensitivity
- Celiac disease unresponsive to a gluten free diet
- Food sensitivities and intolerances
My approach includes:
- Comprehensive lab testing related to digestive health and whole body wellness such as blood tests for inflammatory and autoimmune markers, celiac disease screening, nutrient testing, hematology, metabolic testing, stool testing and breath testing when indicated;
- Nutritional counselling and diet therapy to help people intelligently use food as medicine specific to their condition;
- Lifestyle medicine addressing mindset, resilience, stress, sleep, etc. to create a foundation for wellness;
- Botanical medicine, nutraceuticals, targeted vitamin and mineral supplements and strain-specific probiotics;
- Helping you understand any prescription drugs you are taking, when and why they are necessary, and how to manage side effects and nutrient depletions to optimize your care.
How I’m different:
- I’m evidence-based. My decisions about assessment and treatment are based on medical science. Not all naturopathic treatments are evidence based but I strive to practice in a manner that is as evidence based as possible. There are certain tests I will not perform and certain treatments I will not recommend because they are not supported by science.
- I’m integrative. I embrace conventional medicine. I’m not anti-Pharma. I work alongside your medical doctor, nurse practitioner and specialist as an ally. I advocate for you to receive treatment outside my scope when it is necessary.
- I’m thorough. I give you access to comprehensive lab testing in a timely manner and explain your results in detail so you understand what it all means.
- I’m holistic. I treat the whole person, not just your symptoms, diagnosis or lab markers. We have good conversations so that you can make changes that support living your best life.
- I’m a geek. But, like, in a cool way. I live to learn and love to teach. There is a whiteboard in my office. Sometimes I wear an anatomy apron. I love working with people who want to learn about their health, understand their diagnosis and play an active role in their healthcare experience.
- Problem solving is my jam. I search for the underlying causes of disease and help you connect the dots and take action. I’m a strategist that helps you troubleshoot challenges big and small.
- My visits are longer. I have the luxury of time to make space for you and your story. I allocate more time to your first two visits in order to be as thorough as possible and accomplish more up front. My approach lays the groundwork for a health transformation.
- I love what I do. I’m invested in making your healthcare experience something to get excited about. When people feel well they make the world a better place 🙂
Located in Collingwood, Ontario, just north of Toronto, I have been practicing naturopathic medicine since 2009 and serve people in The Blue Mountains, Thornbury, Clarksburg, Meaford, Markdale, Wasaga Beach, Stayner and Creemore. In addition to seeing patients at my Collingwood office I offer virtual care to people anywhere in Ontario.
Due to high volume there is currently a 3-6 month wait to work with me. Please apply to my waiting list so that I may prioritize you in the event of a cancellation.
-Dr Aranka Jones ND