During your initial visit we will:
- Discuss your health concerns and goals for treatment
- Review lab results and imaging reports if made available
- Request copies of lab results/imaging reports if necessary to guide treatment decisions
- Provide education about your health concerns and options for assessment and treatment
- Review your medications and supplements to screen you for interactions and side effects
- Make recommendations for improving your regimen where possible (i.e. safety, quality)
- Review dietary and lifestyle patterns to understand how they affect your health
- Make preliminary treatment recommendations and discuss implementation
- Order lab testing required to guide comprehensive treatment decisions
During your second visit we will:
- Review any lab work performed after your initial visit
- Review any records shared by your family doctor/specialist
- Make additional, comprehensive treatment recommendations and discuss implementation
- Establish a timeline for monitoring your response to treatment in the months to follow
- If questions about your care arise between scheduled visits, please direct these to my office manager for timely assistance.
- Kindly reserve email and text messaging with me for scheduling purposes only. I cannot provide medical advice outside a visit.
- I am self employed. Missed visits and late cancellations significantly impact my livelihood.
- Failure to provide 48 hours notice to cancel or reschedule a visit will result in being billed for the full cost of that visit.
- If you are suddenly unable to attend a visit in person, please contact us to request that our visit take place virtually or by phone.
- Your personal and medical information is kept strictly confidential and will not be released to anyone without your written consent unless I am ordered to do so by law.
- Your visits may take place in person, by phone or using a secure telemedicine platform/video chat.
- The most secure method for accessing your treatment recommendations and lab results is by using our patient portal. Please ask for assistance if you cannot access the patient portal. Printed copies of your documents are available upon request.
- You may request that we release treatment plans and lab results to you by email although we cannot guarantee your privacy when sharing documents via email.
- At my discretion, lab results containing abnormal or sensitive findings will only be released to you during a visit so that I may appropriately communicate and address the findings.
- You may request a copy of your health records in writing at any time. An administrative fee will be charged to cover the cost of copying/printing/courier where necessary. Please inquire for an estimate.
- Payment for visit fees is due in full at the end of each visit. Methods of payment include debit, credit, cash, cheque issued to Be Well Collingwood or e-transfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment for lab tests is due at the time that tests are ordered. Please ask my office manager for a detailed explanation of any lab fees; all fees will be made available to you before testing is performed.
- If you have health benefits for naturopathic medicine and would like us to direct bill your insurance company, please notify my office manager in advance so she may coordinate this for you. We can direct bill most but not all insurance companies.
- You will be provided with official receipts for all transactions. If you misplace receipts or require a report at year end for income tax purposes, please request this at any time.
- If you chose to purchase natural health products from the clinic’s dispensary (Be Well Collingwood) or my online dispensary partner (Fullscript) these are intended for your personal use only. Please do not share or purchase for other people unless you are purchasing for a family member who is also under my care.
- In order to ensure your safety, you may only purchase natural health products through Be Well Collingwood and/or Fullscript if:
(1) you have seen me within the previous 12 months to discuss your continued use of the product in question;
(2) there have been no changes to your prescription medications;
(3) you do not develop new health challenges or receive a new diagnosis.
- At my discretion, individuals with certain health concerns will be required to see me prior to purchasing refills of a product that poses a unique health risk if not properly monitored.
- If you do not wish to engage in ongoing care, I cannot be held responsible for adverse outcomes that result from your continued use of natural health products obtained elsewhere or without my knowledge.
- Products purchased from Be Well Collingwood may be returned for a credit within 30 days of purchase as long as they do not require refrigeration, remain unopened and do not appear damaged in any way.
- Products ordered through Fullscript are subject to their return policy; please contact Fullscript customer service should you encounter any issues.
|Fee Schedule effective December 1st, 2020 and subject to change over time.|
|Adults (including teens 16+)|
|Initial Visit (allow 90-120 minutes)||$360|
|Second Visit (allow 75-90 min)||$240|
|Subsequent visits vary in length based upon your needs and goals for treatment. Visits are booked as 60 minutes by default or based upon my discretion. In the event that more or less time is required than what was booked, visit fees will be automatically adjusted.|
|Children (up to 15 years of age)|
|Initial Visit (allow up to 60 minutes)||$180|
|Second Visit (allow 45-60 min)||$150-180|
|Subsequent visits||As above|
|Letters & Forms: My fee for writing letters and completing forms on your behalf is based on this hourly rate.||$180/hour|
|Medical Doctor Fees: If I incur any fees for requesting copies of your lab results or medical records from other doctors they will be passed on to you. I will only request copies of your lab results and medical records with your written authorization.||Variable|
|Lab Fees: All fees associated with lab testing will be disclosed to you in advance and an itemized invoice will be provided.||Please inquire|
The anticipated benefits, potential risks and associated costs of all assessments and treatments will be explained to you during your visits, at which time you will have ample opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification in order to make informed decisions before proceeding with my recommendations. Naturopathic care is generally safe and well tolerated although it is not without risks which include but are not limited to the following:
- aggravation of pre-existing conditions
- allergic reactions to natural health products
- known side effects and drug interactions, which will be communicated to you
- unknown side effects and drug interactions which cannot be prevented despite my best efforts to ensure your safety
- laboratory testing may carry mild risks, such as bruising from having your blood taken
- personal injury may occur when engaging in exercise and physical activity, as may be recommended as part of your care
- therapeutic diets may temporarily stress your grocery shopping experience and social life but this should be temporary
- feelings of hope, empowerment, excitement and improved wellbeing